IMF 2008: 4th International Conference on IT Incident Management & IT Forensics
VeranstaltungsortBerufsakademie Mannheim / Mannheim University of Cooperative Education
68163 Mannheim, Deutschland
Information technology has become crucial to almost every part of society. IT infrastructures have become critical in the world-wide economy, the financial sector the health sector, the government's administration, the military, and the educational sector.
Although security usually gets involved into the design process of IT systems nowadays, the process of maintaining security in the operation of IT infrastructures, in most cases, still lacks the appropriate attention. The capability to manage and respond to IT security incidents and their forensic analysis are not well established. The quickly rising number of security incidents worldwide makes the implementation of incident management capabilities essential.
In order to advance the fields of IT-Incident Management and Forensics the special interest-group Security - Intrusion Detection and Response (SIDAR) of the German Informatics Society (GI) organizes an annual conference, bringing together experts from throughout the world, to discuss the state of the art in the areas of Incident Management and IT-Forensics (IMF). IMF promotes collaboration and exchange of ideas between industry, academia, law-enforcement and other government bodies.
The IMF conference will be held for the fourth time now. The concept matured from a pure academic event to an academic track section complemented by practical workshops. In addition IMF has become an important community event.
This time IMF starts to travel. Berufsakademie Mannheim - University of Cooperative Education - is proud to host IMF 2008. We plan to continue hosting IMF at different locations as this is a chance to widen the community and to learn from different perspectives.
The scope of IMF 2008 is broad and includes, but is not limited to the following areas:
- Purposes of IT-Incident Management
- Trends, Processes and Methods of IT-Incident Management
- Formats and Standardization for IT-Incident Management
- Tools for the IT-Incident Management
- Education and Training, IT-Incident Management Awareness
- Determination, Detection and Evaluation of Incidents
- Procedures for Handling Incidents
- Problems and Challenges when establishing CERTs/ CSIRTs
- Sources of Information/ Information Exchange/ Communities
- Dealing with Vulnerabilities (Vulnerability Response)
- Current Threats
- Early Warning Systems
- Organizations (National CERT-Associations, FIRST, TF-CSIRT, TERENA / TI, etc.)
- Trends and Challenges in IT-Forensics
- Methods, Processes and Applications for IT-Forensics .(e.g. Networks, Operating Systems, Storage Media, ICT Systems)
- Evidence Protection in IT-Environments
- Standardization of Evidence Protection Processes
- Data Protection and other legal implications for IT-Forensics
- Methods in Investigation
- Legal Relevance of IT-Forensics Investigations
- Tools for IT-Forensics
- IT-Forensics Readiness